In order to provide you with the full range of services, we may request and/or record information about you. This privacy notice explains the following:
- the type of information we collect;
- how the information is used;
- when we may contact you;
- whether we will disclose your details to anyone else; and
Many Haymarket websites contain hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These third party websites have their own privacy notices and we encourage you to review them. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
2. What type of personal information is collected?
When you sign up to participate in or receive a service from any Haymarket website, such as a newsletter, competition, forum we will ask for limited personal information. We will also collect personal information from you when you subscribe to one of our magazines and when you communicate with us over the telephone or via written correspondence. This can include information such as your name, postal address, telephone or mobile number, fax number, email address, gender or date of birth. Different Haymarket websites may ask for different pieces of personal information. By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable Haymarket and its service providers to provide you with the services you select.
3. How will the information be used?
Haymarket will use your personal information for a number of non-marketing purposes including the following:
- we may contact you for service related reasons that you have subscribed to, signed up for, or participate in (e.g. to make you aware of any delays in your subscription arriving on time, reminding you of a password or username, or about a comment you have made on a website.);
- to invite you to share your opinions and comments through a research study about the level of service you receive from us;
- to track traffic flows and to make our websites easier for you to use;
- to fulfil subscription orders;
- to provide a user online community; and for
planning and managing our business activities by understanding aggregated analysis on behaviour and habits;
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group which includes our subsidiaries as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006
4. Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
Yes. Haymarket may use the information you have provided to promote the products and services of Haymarket or others.
However, be assured that we understand the irritations of unsolicited communications and are fully committed to ensuring the rights and obligations set out in the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 are respected.
If you don’t want it, you won’t get it. Any marketing communication you receive will always include a clear, simple option to refuse, or ‘opt-out’ of such future communications. You may also opt-out at ANY time by contacting us (see below).
5. Will Haymarket share my information with anyone else?
Haymarket may disclose your personal data where it believes it is compelled to do so by law; in particular for the prevention or detection of crime, the capture or prosecution of offenders; and the assessment or collection of tax or duty.
We use a number of third party organisations to help provide a professional service to our customers (i.e. fulfilment bureaus, call centres, and website designers). These organizations act as data processors and are strictly controlled in how they may/may not use your personal data. We remain responsible for the protection of your data.
Please note that some of our partners may be located outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Countries outside the EEA may not be required to protect personal information as stringently as countries inside.
6. Can I find out what personal information Haymarket holds on me?
If any of the personal information that we hold about you is incorrect, you can click on the contact us link on each website. If the incorrect information relates to your magazine subscription, then you can contact the customers services team on 08456 777 800 who will update your details as soon as practically possible.
8. Cookies and your privacy
If you don’t want to receive any more direct marketing messages then please click here.