[Haymarket Media Group Limited (“Haymarket”], “Us”, “We”, “Our”) registered in England and Wales under company number 00267189 is the data controller of your Information for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”). We respect your privacy and we are committed to protecting your personal information as that term is defined in the Act (“Information”). We comply with the principles of the Act and aim to maintain consistently high levels of best practice in our processing of your Information.
By using our website and services you consent to our collection and use of your Information as described in this Policy. If we change our Policy and/or procedures, we will post those changes on our website to keep you aware of what Information we collect, how we use it and under what circumstances we may disclose it. Your continued use of the website or services after this Policy has been amended shall be deemed to be your continued acceptance of the terms and conditions of this Policy, as amended. We encourage you to bookmark this Web page and review this Policy regularly.
In addition to this Policy, each service offered by us or our group companies may have additional privacy provisions that are specific to the particular service. These supplemental disclosures are made adjacent to the particular service at the time your Information is collected.
2. What information do we collect?
All your Information will be held and used in accordance with the Act where applicable. If you want to know what Information we collect and hold about you, please write to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. When you visit and use our website or request our services you may provide us with or we may collect your Information such as your postal address, email address and other personal information. You may provide or we may collect this Information in a number of ways:
2.1 Information you voluntarily provide to us We collect and maintain Information that you voluntarily submit to us during your use of our website or services. For example:
- when you register on our website or for a service, you may provide us with certain Information including your name, email address, screen name, password and demographic information;
- where our website contains a social networking function, you may create and add to your profile by providing Information about your interests;
- if you sign up to receive a newsletter, a magazine, enter a contest or participate in social networking activities, you may provide us with contact information (e.g., email, telephone and/or or physical address); and
- you may provide us with Information in the course of email, customer support interactions and surveys. Different websites operated by us may ask for different pieces of Information. You can choose not to provide us with certain Information, but this may stop you from gaining access to a service or limit the features that you can use on our websites. For more information, please see the “How We Use Your Information” section of the Policy below.
2.2 Information we collect through your use of our Website
2.3 Information we receive from third parties
We may also combine online and/or offline information received from third parties (including other members of our group of companies) with your Information. The third party information is used for a variety of purposes including to verify other Information about you (e.g., verify your mailing address to send you requested products or services) and to enhance the content and advertising we provide to you.
3. How we use your information
We will use your Information in the ways described below and as described at the time that the Information is collected.
3.1 To Provide the Services
In general, we use your Information as necessary or appropriate for our business purposes including to:
• administer your account where you have opened an account with us;
• register you and provide you access to the website or services requested by you;
• respond to inquiries or requests that you direct to us;
• fulfil your requests for products or services;
• send communications and administrative emails about the website or our services;
• personalise and better tailor the features, performance and support of the website and our services for your use; analyse, benchmark and conduct research on user data and user interactions with the website and our services;
• running competitions:
• other purposes related to any of the above
Where you have provided us with the appropriate consents, or where the Act entitles us to do so, we may send you marketing materials about other products or services offered by Haymarket, and/or products or services offered by our group companies. In addition, where you have provided us with the appropriate consents, we may also pass your Information to one or more of our group companies or other selected third parties for marketing purposes. However, be assured that we understand the irritations of unsolicited communications and we are fully committed to ensuring the rights and obligations set out in the Act and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003, updated 2004 and 2011 are respected.
3.3 Behavioural Advertising
We believe that advertising is more interesting to you when it is relevant. Accordingly, where you have consented for us to do so we may customise the advertisements that you see based upon:
- the Information you voluntarily provide to us;
- geographic location information, which we may determine through your IP address, from your mobile device, or other ways;
- data we receive from third parties; or
4. Can I find out what personal information Haymarket holds on me?
Under the Act you have the right to request a copy of the Information that we hold about you. There will be an administration fee of £10 associated with this request and it will require two pieces of identification to prove your identity. Please make a written application to the Data Protection Officer, Haymarket Media Group Limited, Teddington, Middlesex, TW11 9BE. If any of the Information that we hold about you is incorrect, you can click on the contact us link on our website. If the incorrect Information relates to your magazine subscription, then you can contact the customer services team on 08456 777 800 who will update your details as soon as practically possible.
5. How we disclose your information to third parties
We may share your Information with third parties as specifically approved by you or under the circumstances described below.
5.1 Disclosure for legal reasons We may disclose your Information if we are under a duty to disclose or share your Information to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply or fulfil our terms and conditions and other agreements or protect the rights, property, or safety of our customers, our group companies or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. We use a number of third party organisations to help provide a professional service to our customers (i.e. fulfilment bureaus, call centres, and website designers). These organisations act as data processors and are strictly controlled in how they may/may not use your Information and we remain responsible for the protection of your Information.
5.3 Changes to our Company In the event we go through a business transition such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, your Information may be among the assets transferred. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur and are permitted by this Policy.
5.4 Message Boards and Chats We may make message boards, chat rooms, and other interactive forums available as part of our services. You should be aware that any Information which you post to these interactive forums or otherwise choose to make publicly available, may be disclosed and available to all users who have access to that portion of our website or services. By using these interactive forums, you agree that we are not responsible for any Information that you disclose or communicate in such forums, and any disclosures you make are at your own risk.
6. Updating and control of your information
There are a number of ways in which you can control the collection, use, and sharing of your Information and update your Information and preferences.
6.1 Opting-Out on Receipt of Marketing Communications When you receive marketing communications from us you will have the opportunity to "opt-out" by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the marketing e-mail or newsletter.
6.2 Preference Services The Telephone Preference Service (TPS), the Corporate Telephone Preference Service (CTPS) and the Mailing Preference Service (MPS) allow you to choose to opt out of unsolicited marketing contact. However, if you are registered on any of the preference services, which are general opt-out registers, you may still receive marketing communications from us if you have given us your consent previously or if you subsequently give us that consent.
6.3 Contacting Us If your Information has changed or if you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us then you can amend your Information or update your preferences if you click here. Please note that:
- even if you delete Information, we may retain your Information in conformance with our data retention policy; and
- we are not responsible for updating or removing your Information contained in the lists or databases of third parties who have been provided with Information as permitted by this Policy.
7. Third party links and services
Please remember that when you use a link to go from our website to another website or you request a service from a third party, our Policy no longer applies. Your browsing and interaction on any other website or your dealings with any other third party service provider, is subject to that website’s or third party service provider’s own rules and policies. We do not monitor, control, or endorse the information collection or privacy practices of any third parties. We encourage you to become familiar with the privacy practices of every website you visit or third party service provider that you deal with and to contact them if you have any questions about their respective privacy policies and practices. This Policy applies solely to information collected by us through our website or services and does not apply to these third party websites and third party service providers.
8. Where we store your information
The Information that we collect from you may be transferred to, stored and processed at a destination outside the European Economic Area, (all EU countries plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein). Your Information may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers, for instance, for customer service purposes. By submitting Information to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary, including the use of the Model Contractual Arrangements as approved by the EU, or other contractual means to ensure that your Information is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy and the Act.
9. Security of your information
10. Social media
10. 1 Social networking sites, such as Facebook, Linked-In, among others, work with us as trusted third party partners. We also work with application developers who specialise in social media, so that we can connect with your social networks. We provide access to our Websites for third parties and business partners so that we can generate interest in our products and services among members of your social networks and to allow you to share product and service interests with friends in your network.
10.2 We do not control how your personal information is collected, stored or used by such third party sites or to whom it is disclosed. You should review the privacy policies and settings on any social networking site that you subscribe to so that you understand the information they may be sharing. If you do not want your networking sites to share information about you, you must contact that site and determine whether it gives you the opportunity to opt-out of sharing such information. Haymarket is not responsible for how these third party sites may use information collected from or about you.
How to contact us
If you have any questions regarding privacy or this Policy, you may contact us as follows:
Data Protection Officer
Haymarket Media Group Ltd
Email us: email@example.com